Details of the Program
Through a gift from generous donors, the MIA is able to offer Muslim students enrolled in institutions of higher learning a number of academic scholarships. If you wish to apply for this program, please review the eligibility information and application process provided below. If you wish to contribute financially to this program, please contact the MIA treasurer.
Manitoba students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents enrolled as full-time students in a post-secondary institution are eligible to apply.
Students will be evaluated based on academic merit and level of volunteer work towards MIA community.
Applicants must email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies will be accepted, only online applications with attached documents.
A complete application must include:
1. 2016–2017 MIA Application Form (available at www.miaonline.org/scholarship).
2. Official transcripts (issued in last 3 months).
3. Proof of enrollment as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution in Manitoba.
4. Updated resume and cover letter describing academic record and volunteer work.
5. At least two reference letters describing the applicant’s character, academic achievement and volunteer contributions.
Applicants may be interviewed to provide further clarifications on their applications.
Value of Scholarship
The MIA will award scholarships to a maximum value of $1000 per student. Deadline
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday April 28, 2017.