[Aug 7] MIA EC Update
- Hiring of a Part-Time Prayer Leader at Grand Mosque on Waverley
- Eid Festival 2012 – One of its Kind!
- Visiting Guest
- Nightly Qiyam (Prayer)
- Khatm of Quran and Last Night of Taraweeh
- Fundraising for MIA‘s Operations
- MIA’s Financial report for the period ending June 2012
- Security guards and babysitting
- Zakat and Fitra
- Eid Expected Day
The MIA Events Committee is pleased to announce the holding of the Eid Festival on August 25th at the grounds of the Waverly Grand Mosque. The details of the festival are as follows:
Date: Saturday August 25, 2012
Time: 3:00pm until 10:00pm
Location: Manitoba Grand Mosque, 2445 Waverley St
Details: Come celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr at this year’s MIA Eid Festival 2012!
There will be inflatable bouncers, pony rides, games, arts & crafts, and bazaar to just name a few of the many activities, plus a few special surprises!
New this year: An exciting juggling performance with fire-breathing! 5 pm
- End the fun-filled day with Fireworks at 9:15 pm.
- A variety of food vendors will be on-site serving up some delicious fare.
- Bus service from Winnipeg Central Mosque (715 Ellice Ave) to Winnipeg Grand Mosque will be arranged.
- Admission to the festival is free, food will be for purchase. (ticket prices 1 for $1, 5 for $5…etc). Bazaar will also have vendors selling items.
- Parking not available at masjid grounds, parking attendants will be on-hand to direct traffic.
- To volunteer, sponsor, or if you are interested in participating as a food vendor or in the bazaar, please contact MIA Events email@example.com
MIA’s Financial report for the period ending June 2012:
The MIA statement of operations for the period from January 1, 2012 to June 30, 2012 has been posted on MIA website. MIA fiscal year goes from Oct to Sept. During the 1st quarter (October – December)MIA was mostly under the previous MIA EC. Our current EC took charge of MIA operations from December 18. By the grace of Allah first and concerted fundraising efforts next, MIAhas moved from a deficit position of ($28,000) in Sept 2011 to a surplus of $13,000 in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. This occurred despite the fact that major expenses from previous period such as fees, payment arrears etc were included in current period’s statement. Overall, we believe MIA’s finances are now on the right track. We thank you for your support and we ask you to continue your generous contributions to MIA.
Security guards and babysitting:
To ensure safe and seem less flow at the Waverly Grand Mosque, security guards have been contracted. They will be available during the whole Ramadan; we kindly ask you to cooperate with them. As well professional baby sitters are available throughout Ramadan free of charge, kindly cooperate with them.
Eid Expected Day:
Eid is expected to be on Sunday August the 19th, depending on moon sighting. E-mail announcement will be sent right away to confirm the date.
Note: Eid prayer will be held at the Convention Center in downtown.