The MIA Executive Council and the Winnipeg Central Mosque Council are pleased to confirm the beginning of Eid Al-Fitr on Sunday August 19th, based on the fiqh criteria of Ittihad Al-Mattalie and the indisputable astronomical data. Eid prayers will be held at the Convention Center in downtown.
Note: the last taraweeh prayer will be held tonight at all mosques as usual.
- Beginning of Takbeerat: 8:30 AM.
- Beginning of Eid prayer: 9:30 AM.
- Beginning of Khuttba: 9:40 AM.
- End of Khuttba: 10:00 AM.
- Khateeb of Eid: Guest speaker, Shaikh Talal Ahdab
Parking is available for a fee at the Convention Centre and the adjacent hotel. Street parking is also available. Since it is Sunday, traffic should be minimal.
Things to note:
- Please bring your prayer mats, as the floor is not carpeted.
- Please keep your children in your company.
- Please cooperate with security staff and volunteers and follow their instructions.
- Please donate generously to help us cover all costs. Donation boxes will be available.
Manitoba Muslim Magazine:
Free copies of the Manitoba Muslim Magazine (Vol. 14, issue 3) will be available for distribution on Eid day. Please pick-up your copy.