MIA Election & Compliance Commission Communique
In accordance to Manitoba Islamic Association (MIA) Constitution and By Laws, ratified in June 01, 2013; the MIA Executive Council (EC) elections will be held on November the 24th. The newly established Election and Compliance Commission (E&CC) will be fully in charge of the election process. Here are some important details:
- Nominations for the seven EC positions will be opened on October 27th.
- Nominations will be closed on November 10th.
- All nominees must be registered members in good standing by July 1st of this year (MIA By-law, Part VII, 3).
- To nominate a candidate for a position, the nominator must fill the nomination form [Click here] and submit it signed and scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person at the MIA office before the deadline.
- The final list of eligible candidates meeting all the stipulated requirements will be announced seven days prior to the election date on November 17th.
- On November the 24th voting will take place at the Grand Mosque Gym between 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Volunteers will be available to facilitate voting.
- To vote in this election, a person has to be a registered MIA member by at least August 01, 2013 (MIA By Law Part II, 12).
- The list of members eligible to vote and to be nominated has already been posted at both the Hazelwood and Grand Mosque bulletin boards.
- The results of the Executive Council Member election will be announced the same day as the election as soon as the results have been collected and verified.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Election and Compliance Commission at email@example.com