Al Noor Islamic Weekend School: Program Director
The Manitoba Islamic Association seeks applications for a part time program director for its Al Noor Weekend School. Al Noor School is the oldest and longest running Islamic weekend instruction program inManitoba.The successful application will be a dynamic and motivated individual and a self- starter with a passion for education and working with children. The program director is responsible for the overall functioning of the program, including day- to-day operations, staff supervision, student academic achievement and long term program success.
Reports to: MIA Executive Council
Supervises: School staff and students
The school Principal serves as the educational and administrative leader, responsible for building and maintaining a professional Islamic Weekend School (IWS). Duties include but are not limited to managing school staff, possibly at multiple locations, setting/implementing policies, operations, procedures, and regulations to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe, Islamic learning environment. Achieving academic excellence requires the school principal to work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. The School Principal works closely with the MIA Executive Council to ensure the vision and mission of the school is achieved.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, logistical arrangements, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures.
- Ensure compliance with MIA policies.
- Prepares school budget and maintains expenditures within the budget.
- Responsible for the payroll of all employees within Al Noor
- Set the tone and culture of the school, leading staff to convey the highest of expectations for students, and hold the school accountable for student achievement.
Development, Supervision, and Evaluation
- Knows school curriculum and helps the staff use curriculum resources.
- Participates in, leads or facilitates curriculum development activities.
- Formulates the school master schedule.
- Supervises and evaluates all staff in teaching, classroom management, lessons.
Communications and Community Relations
- Communicates with all stakeholders effectively, including parents, students, staff, MIA executives and the community at large
- Maintains liaison with the host facility and responds to host facility requests, inquiries and ensures continued availability of facility.
- Maintains availability (within allocated job hours) to parents and community members.
- Maintain student enrolment by promoting school using various resources
- Maintains positive relations with staff and is responsible for staff morale
- Monitors staff performance, recognizes achievement and takes measure to remedy borderline or sub-standard performance.
- Responsible for hiring and firing of school staff.
- Supervises staff in line with MIA policies and applicable employment laws and regulations.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.