Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, educational programs are on hold until further notice.
Al Fajr Quran Institute
The Most Beneficent (Allah)! Has taught (you mankind) the Qur’an (by His Mercy).
– Holy Quran, Ar-Rahman, Verse 1-2.
Al Fajr Quran Institute is a program aimed at helping families make the Quran an essential part of their lives.
Al Fajr offers a weekly recitation and memorization program for children aged 4 and up. The program takes place every Sunday two hours before Zuhr prayer. Several levels are available. The program is lead by the MIA prayer leaders and a core of dedicated volunteer teachers.
Al Fajr also offers an intensive “Hafiz” (memorization) program for more advanced students and adults. Students can graduate with memorization of the complete Quran in 5 years.
For more information or to register, please complete registration forms below. New applicants must go through an assessment of their level prior to enrolment.
2 Programs are available:
Children’s Quran Program: Sundays only
We are pleased to announce that MIA Al Fajr Quran Institute will resume its Sunday morning program for children ages 5 and up. The first day of the program will be Sunday September 15, 2019, at 12 PM and will be dedicated for registration and assessment. Registration forms are available in the MIA office, and can be downloaded below.
The program fees will be $100 per year per child – max of $300 per family.
Please submit registration forms and the registration fees to the MIA office.
AlFajr Daily Quran Memorization Program
- Stream 1: Quran memorization:
5:30 – 6:30 Pm 4 days per week ( Monday- Thursday) at Waverley Mosque only OR
6:30 – 7:30 pm. 4 days per week (Monday- Thursday) at both Mosques
- Stream 2: Al-Noraniah:
5:00 – 5:30 Pm. 2 days per week (Monday and Wednesday) OR
7:30 – 8:00 pm. 2 days per week (Monday and Wednesday)
The above 2 streams are offered for both males and females in the 2 MIA Mosques (Waverley and Pioneer).
- Quran memorization: for 4 days, $60/month for the first student, $40/month for second student, and $30/month for each additional student (parents and/or kids/siblings only)
- 10% off for MIA members (not to be combined with siblings’ discount)
- Al-Noraniah: $20/month per student
- A $20 deposit for each child registered in the program. The $20 deposit will be a penalty for any child who is left after program hours and will be given to the teacher left to supervise the child. If your child is always picked up on time the $20 will be returned to you at the end of the program.
- This is an MIA program. The MIA provides the space and pays for utilities, cleaning, etc. and partially provides administration support in addition to volunteers managing the program. The program fees are used to cover the program expenses which include: teachers’ salaries, class materials, gifts/awards, end of year ceremony and the remaining part of administration (secretary).