Draft Agenda for AGM – November 24
Annual General Meeting
November 24, 2019
Pursuant to Part II, Section 1, of the Manitoba Islamic Association (MIA) By-Laws, the Annual MIA General Body Meeting (AGM) shall take place on Sunday November 24, 2019 at the Grand Mosque on 2445 Waverley Street, at 1:30 PM (Duhr prayer is at 1:00 PM). The draft agenda of the meeting is as follows:
- Recitation of Quran
- Confirmation of Quorum
- Approval of the Agenda
- Appointment of the steering committee for the Election of the Election and Compliance Commission
- Approval of the minutes of the last meeting (November 25, 2018)
- Report of the Board of Directors
- Financial Report
- Consideration of the Auditor’s Report
- Proposed Annual Budget
- Business arising out of the minutes
- Report of the Election and Compliance Commission
- Elections of the Election and Compliance Commission (one position, 3 year term).
Some rules of AGM (as per MIA By-Laws)
Who can vote in AGM meeting?
Part II, Section 1, item 12:
“To vote in any of the General Assembly Meetings, a person has to be a Full Member of the MIA as of August 1 of the calendar year.”
What issues to discuss?
Part II, Section 1, item 7 & 8:
- “The final agenda for all General Assembly Meetings shall be delivered, mailed, emailed or transmitted by any other form of communication to Full Members seven (7) days prior to the scheduled meeting.
- “No other business except those stated in the final agenda shall be transacted”.
Note: Please bring an ID with a photo and address.
-MIA Executive Council