Funeral Services Office Staff
The Manitoba Islamic Association is currently seeking all qualified applicants to apply for the position of Funeral Services Office Staff. The Funeral Services Office Staff will work alongside with the Funeral Services Manager, MIA staff and under the guidance and mentorship of MIA Funeral Services Director.
The successful candidate has an excellent track record of working with diverse community members, Board, staff, volunteers in a faith based organizations and must possess characteristics of patience, compassion, emotional stability, empathy and organizational skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Available 24-7 to receive call from families of the deceased, hospitals, spiritual care, Medical Examiner’s office and all other stakeholders in funeral process
- Meets with families of the deceased to discuss funeral arrangements and requests
- Explains funeral process, timing, cost, announcements and all related information
- Assists family in selecting a grave stone if necessary and puts them in touch with the contractor
- Guides families through the process if the deceased is being shipped Oversees
- Accepts and process payments for funeral services
- Makes funeral arrangements with families, volunteers, Imam, MIA staff, cemeteries, government agencies, medical professionals, transportation services and embassies
- Manage pickup of the body of the deceased
- Manage out of city/province transportation if necessary
- Send funeral announcements
- Guide/File legal work and submit info to Vital Stat if necessary
- Issue Declaration of Death
- Confirm any potential issue of communicable deceased
- Order PPE and funeral home supplies
- Coordinates with Facility Manger to maintain the cleanliness and organization of the funeral home, equipment as assets
- Orders shrouds and caskets based on minimum inventory standards
- Manages Cemeteries, transportation, headstones, caskets, shourds (Kaffin) contracts
- Addresses and resolves issues and/or complaints.
- Maintains positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Oversees funeral home schedule.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Coordinate with government agencies when applicable
- Possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while adhering to overall deadlines.
- Takaful Duties: intake of cases, check the necessary document and then give it to committee to process.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- They will be required to have CPR training and Child Abuse Registry clearance
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral communication)
- Must hold a high school diploma / an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in related field – Possesses knowledge of burial and funeral services
- Class 5 driver license
- Knowledgeable with Manitoba H&S reporting.
- Exceptional leadership, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Have the attention to detail that each funeral requires.
- Reliable, hardworking, strong work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team.
- To fit our core values – patience, empathy, and compassion
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.