Job Posting: MIA Caretaker- Pioneer Mosque
- Thorough and complete cleaning of the mosque facilities.
- Opening/closing the facilities on a rotating schedule using the systems in place.
- On call duties for emergencies and special events and Friday Prayers.
- Setting facilities and making it ready for events and activities.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on plumbing, electrical & appliances system.
- Paint, repair drywall, patch holes and change interior and exterior lights.
- Clear snow in the winter and sand entrances.
- Cut grass, mow the lawn and plant flowers in the summer.
- Clean and organize the facilities after end of functions.
- Watch for improper parking and take necessary action.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance of building systems.
- Maintain records with respect to systems, condition of the premises and equipment.
- Report any breakdowns, accidents, damage or vandalism to MIA Facilities manager
- Willing to be re-located to other MIA Facilities
- Order and maintain adequate cleaning supplies for the premises and control the inventory and the use of these supplies.
- Secure all doors and windows whenever the building is vacant.
- Check for repairs required to infrastructure & report maintenance requirements.
- Ensure the premises are esthetically well kept and well organized.
- Committed to be available for the whole month of Ramadan.
- Schedule: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Mon, Tues, wed, Thurs 9:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum grade 10 education.
- Minimum 6 months work experience working in caretaking/ maintenance related
- Must be fluent in English
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
Please submit your resume with a cover page to MIA office manager: email@example.com or in-person
Submission deadline: Open until filled
Note: Only individuals who meet the requirements will be called for interview. This position reports to MIA facilities manager