Job Posting: MIA Caretaker – Downtown
- Cleaning of MIA Downtown Facility (406 Edmonton Street).
- Issuing parking spots to tenants and neighbors.
- Acting as a liaison person between MIA and tenants of 406 Edmonton Street.
- Performing office related duties to accommodate onsite tenants needs.
- Troubleshooting and performing minor repairs on plumbing and electrical systems.
- Clear snow in the winter and sand entrances.
- Watch for improper parking and take necessary action.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance of building systems.
- Report breakdowns, accidents, damage or vandalism to MIA Facilities Manager.
- Maintain adequate cleaning supplies at the premises for cleaning.
- Ensure the premises are esthetically well kept and well organized.
- Managing access control on a rotating schedule using the systems in place.
- On call duties for emergencies and special events.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum grade 10 education.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Self-Starter with initiative
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to MIA office manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person at 2445 Waverley Street (10am-3pm, Mon-Fri)
Submission deadline: Open until filled
- Only individuals who meet the requirements will be called for interview.
- This position reports to MIA Facilities Manager
- This part time position requires 21 hours per week (3 hours per day)