The Manitoba Islamic Association (MIA) is currently seeking all qualified applicants to apply for a full-time job opportunity as Office Administrator.
Job term: Full-Time term position for 16 months, with a possibility of becoming permanent.
Travel Required: Must be able to get to/from work
Location: Mainly 2445 Waverley St. and secondary at other locations (247 Hazelwood Ave or 406 Edmonton) (1 Position)
- Performs all functions necessary to assist Team leader, Board and all MIA committees, liaison between outsourced companies, and outsourced resources.
- Maintain a line of communication with community members, program coordinators, committee heads media, donors, grant providers, government departments and local politicians.
- Maintain mosque calendars, social media postings and website updates, corrections, omissions, special considerations, etc.
- Maintain facility usage schedules and financial records/payments if needed.
- Maintain purchasing system for mosque supplies and ensure all necessary supplies are available. Communicate with Team lead and regarding facility purchases and expenses.
- Point of contact for the community at large, including non-Muslim and Muslim community that make an effort to contact the Masjid.
- E-mail communications in regard to Grand Masjid, Pioneer Masjid and MIA Connections which include but are not limited to; board inquiries for information, financial information requests, personnel file requests for employees, outsourced resource/service providers inquiries, invoices submissions/information requests, MIA service information, MIA booking and facility information, community requests (marriage, divorce, death, physical activity, business recommendations, out of town city information recommendations and Islamic community information), community reminders, community events etc.
- Assist in organizing events: such as funerals, marriage officiation, community dinners, Ramadan, Eid, etc.
- Maintain and make announcements as directed by team Leader and MIA Managing director. This will include LCD screen, physical announcements, billboard announcements, and the Jumma projector announcements.
- Aid with mosque financial activities, such as collecting donations, following up on pledges, receivables and bank deposits and some basic bookkeeping.
- Implement MIA record retention policies and maintain the archiving and filing systems.
- All other general office duties – filing, faxing, mail etc.
- Coordinate Jumma prayer logistics and ensure proper flow and set up.
- Welcome mosque visitors and regular attendants courteously and professionally.
- Carry duties in accordance with MIA policy of code of conduct and conflict of interest.
- Other related duties as assigned by the MIA Board
Role and Responsibilities
- Must be able to work from Mon-Fri. There will be some weekend and evening work.
- Ensure that all MIA program activities operate within MIA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that MIA program activities comply with all relevant legislation and standards.
- Develop forms, records and databases to document program activities, payment, and expenses.
- Organize, engage, and recruit volunteers for MIA special events (Eid Festival, Eid prayer, Open Houses, Outreach Events, Mosque Tours, etc.).
- Ensure MIA space and child-adult ratio policies are being upheld.
- Manage and document program fee/expenses and program space key requests.
- Ensure that the programs operate within the approved budget.
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Advertise programs at all MIA locations on MIA social media using posters/emails.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct a bi-annual evaluation according to MIA policies. Report to MIA Team leader and Managing director.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve MIA’s goals.
- Identify new programs needs and initiate dialogue with EC and volunteers to provide the service to the community.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school and diploma in office administration or equivalent experience.
- Relevant University education is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral communication).
- Additional language skills and knowledge of Winnipeg communities is an asset.
- Must be patient, enjoy working with the community and have a high energy level.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Minimum CLB 7
Please submit your resume with a cover page to MIA office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline: Apr 28, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Note: Only individuals who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.