Job Position for Prayer Leader
MIA has an immediate opening for a part-time religious services officer (prayer leader). This is a part time permanent position.
- Leading congregational prayers as assigned.
- Conducting marriages and funerals/burials.
- Depending on qualifications and interests, may contribute to MIA’s educational programs such as Qur’an studies/Hifz.
- Conducts oneself ethically and in accordance with the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 (equivalent) or higher.
- Must be able to recite Quran in Arabic using the rules of Tajweed.
- Fully understand the aspects of Islamic rules and regulations related to leading prayers, the functioning of mosques, and conduct of marriages and funerals.
- Memorization of part of the Quran.
- Good command of the English language and possessing a good familiarity with Canadian culture and be able to relate to the congregation.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to address the congregation.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be willing to obtain/provide a Criminal Record Check with Child Abuse Registry
- Must be able to travel to and from mosque.
Desirable qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education.
- Certification in Tajweed (Ijazah).
- Memorization of the entire Quran.
- Experience in teaching Quran and supervising Islamic education for children and adults.
Compensation will depend on qualifications and responsibilities.
A mileage supplement is provided to cover commuting costs to and from the mosque.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume.