فَاللَّهُ خَيْرٌ حَافِظًا ۖ وَهُوَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ
God is the best guardian and the Most Merciful of the merciful.
Dear community members,
As the COVID-19 virus continues to spread across the globe, we pray that every single member of our community and their loved ones remain healthy and well. We pray to Allah (swt) to guide humanity to find a cure to this and all diseases.
Here are a few things you should know:
- Whether at home, in the mosque, at school or at work, practice good hygiene all the time. This is the best protection against this and other respiratory viruses. See and share the attached infographic.
- Respect those who may not wish to shake hands as a precaution. Practice greeting each other by placing the right hand on the heart.
- Get your information from reputable authorities, such as Health Canada and Manitoba Health and follow their advice about prevention, travel and preparedness.
- If you are not feeling well please avoid public spaces such as the mosque.
- If you are over 60, please take extra precautions as the risk is highest for those above 60 years of age.
- If you are experiencing anxiety or excessive fear about this issue, please reach out to MIA’s mental health counselors.
- If you are in a self-quarantine situation, please do not attend the mosque or community gatherings until your quarantine period is completed. If you require assistance during this period, please reach out to MIA at 204-256-1347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MIA staff and board are monitoring the situation and consulting with experts, and will keep you informed of any changes to the MIA operations or its programs. Right now, all MIA functions, such as daily prayers, Jumu’a Friday prayers and social and educational programs are not affected.
We remind ourselves and you of the Prophetic Du’a when someone gets sick:
اللهم رب الناس، أذهب الباس، واشفه وأنت الشافي؛ لا شفاء إلا شفاؤك، شفاء لا يغادر سقماً
Allahuma rabbi-nas adhhabal ba’s, ashfi wa anta shafi, la shifa’ illa shifa’uka shifa’ la yughadiru saqama.
Oh Allah! The Sustainer of Mankind! Remove the illness, cure the disease. You are the One Who cures. There is no cure except Your cure. Grant us a cure that leaves no illness