Register for the AGM
You must be a member to register for the AGM and receive the join link, which will be sent before the meeting. Your membership status will be reviewed after you register. If you are unsure about your membership, please inquire with the MIA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-256-1347.
Pursuant to Part II, Section 1, of the Manitoba Islamic Association (MIA) By-Laws, the Annual MIA General Body Meeting (AGM) shall take place online on Sunday November 29, 2020 at 1:30 PM. The draft agenda of the meeting is as follows:
- Recitation of Quran
- Confirmation of Quorum
- Approval of the Agenda
- Appointment of the steering committee for the Election of the Election and Compliance Commission
- Approval of the minutes of the last meeting (November 24, 2019)
- Report of the Board of Directors
- Financial Report
- Consideration of the Auditor’s Report
- Proposed Annual Budget
- Business arising out of the minutes
- Report of the Election and Compliance Commission
- Election of the Election and Compliance Commission (one position, 3 year term).
Some rules of AGM (as per MIA By-Laws)
Who can vote in AGM meeting?
Part II, Section 1, item 12:
“To vote in any of the General Assembly Meetings, a person has to be a Full Member of the MIA as of August 1 of the calendar year.”
What issues to discuss?
Part II, Section 1, item 7 & 8:
- “The final agenda for all General Assembly Meetings shall be delivered, mailed, emailed or transmitted by any other form of communication to Full Members seven (7) days prior to the scheduled meeting.
- “No other business except those stated in the final agenda shall be transacted”.
– MIA Executive Council
Election and Compliance Commission (ECC)