Details of the Program
The MIA Scholarship for the year 2018-2019 is now accepting applications. Through a gift from generous donors, the MIA is able to offer Muslim students enrolled in institutions of higher learning and internationally qualified professionals a number of academic scholarships.
If you wish to apply for this program, please review the eligibility information and application process provided below. If you wish to contribute financially to this program, please contact the MIA treasurer.
Manitoba students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents enrolled as full-time students in a post-secondary institution OR female students pursuing graduate/post graduate study in the STEM areas and have in place all the requirements and qualifications to take Canadian licensing exams in their field are eligible to apply.
Students will be evaluated based on academic merit and level of volunteer work towards MIA and the larger community.
Applicants must email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies will be accepted, only online applications with attached documents.
A complete application must include:
1. 2018–2019 MIA Application Form (available here).
2. Official transcripts (issued in last 3 months).
3. Proof of enrollment as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution in Manitoba OR Proof of eligibility and registration of Canadian licensing exams in the field of study.
4. Updated resume and cover letter describing academic record and volunteer work.
5. At least two reference letters describing the applicant’s character, academic achievement and volunteer contributions. Applicants may be interviewed to provide further clarifications on their applications.
Value of Scholarship
The MIA will award scholarships to a maximum value per student as determined by the scholarship committee.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday October 12, 2018.
Note: Relatives of Executive Members and Elected Members are not eligible to apply.